I’ve been doing a lot of talking about Iceland. I can’t help it, it’s just so beautiful! I could explore the country for another week, but since I only had a few days left I booked a last-minute tour to the Snaefellsnes Peninsula.
Snaefellsnes is famous for its dramatic landscape of volcanic peaks, sea cliffs, golden beaches and sparkling fjords. Because of its variety in such a compact region, Jules Verne immortalized it in his book “Journey to the Center of the Earth.”
During the day we:
- Visited the fishing villages of Grundarfjordur, Arnarstapi and Hellnar.
- Saw the mountains and volcanic craters of Kirkjufell and Ljósufjöll.
- Walked along the black sand beach at Djúpalónssandur
- Saw the Snæfellsjökull Glacier
- Ended the day at the seal colony in Ytri Tunga
I could write, or I could show you. Enjoy the sites.
My final opinion
I booked this day tour through Get Your Guide. It’s a great website to book all sorts of activities in places all around the globe. The tour company this was through Bus Travel Iceland. The guide was better than the Golden Circle guide, but he was still very quiet and did not offer much in terms of storytelling. Would I still recommend though? Absolutely! I can’t stress enough how vast the Icelandic landscape is. I was constantly in awe that I was in the same country, and this tour really lets you see its vastness.
- You can book the Snaefellsnes Peninsula Full- Day Tour here.